Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How do I get rid of background static when recording with Audacity?

I'm using an internal mic, which I know isn't prime equipment, but I was wondering if there was a way to eliminate the awful static background noise using the program Audacity. Are there any effects I can use???

Please help.How do I get rid of background static when recording with Audacity?
There is a "Noise Removal" feature in Audacity, I think under Effects. First it will ask you to select a small area of the recording which contains only static, and then it will analyse that section and remove any similar noise from the rest of the recording. Sadly it's an inexact art, and it's impossible to remove all of the static without making the rest of it sound pretty weird - but you can at least improve it a little.How do I get rid of background static when recording with Audacity?
On the menu Effect%26gt;Noise Removal



Info here: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?t鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment