Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When I use Audacity there is only a beep sound instead of the song?

I open up an Itunes file in Audacity and when I hit play, I hear a short, choppy beeping sound and the song doesen;t play at all. What should I do?When I use Audacity there is only a beep sound instead of the song?
In Audacity you need to use the import song function under Project, to open up an MP3 file. If you are doing that already, and still having problems, then you need to check your MP3 codec.When I use Audacity there is only a beep sound instead of the song?
check what the input is. it should be wave out mix. if it isnt, change it to that.When I use Audacity there is only a beep sound instead of the song?
As far as I'm aware iTunes songs are in either aac or m4a format.

Audacity does not support these file types only wav, mp3 or ogg besides it's own multi track format aud.

You will need to convert them.

This app from Koyote Soft will convert aac or m4a to the format of your choice.

I loaded a wrong format song once and if memory serves correct your result is about what I got.



http://koyotstar.free.fr/indexEn.html



Just in case I'm wrong about the file type you have just Google for a file converter: "freeware ??? to mp3 converter" Don't forget the exclamation marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment