Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When I try to import a song to Audacity, it reduces it to less than a second. How can I get the full song?

My friend suggested I use the sound editing program Audacity to remove vocals from songs, but I can't even get the songs to be in their original forms! After importing, the song is condensed to less than a second and the time increments are "0.1" and when I play it, it sounds like static. /.\ please help!When I try to import a song to Audacity, it reduces it to less than a second. How can I get the full song?
It sounds like the original file is corrupt or not interpreted with the correct format.



If you changed the file extension (3 last characters, after the period), change it back.When I try to import a song to Audacity, it reduces it to less than a second. How can I get the full song?
Are you trying to import AAC files (.m4a and .m4p) from iTunes? I've never been able to get those to import directly.



Workaround: have iTunes burn an audio CD from those files, then rip the CD, to .wav if possible. Audacity likes .wavs.
  • girl lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment