Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How do I keep from layering tracks in Audacity?

I want to import three songs into Audacity and have them play one after the other in one clip. I keep managing to get them all layered together (playing at once.) Can someone give me step-by-step directions? I'd be forever grateful!How do I keep from layering tracks in Audacity?
To save them as a single track:.

Import the tracks in the order you want.

Left click on a blank area of the panel to the left of the second track to highlight it.

Go to the edit menu and click "cut".

Left click at the end of the waveform on track one to place the track marker.

Go to the edit menu again and click "paste".

Track two will now be copied to the end of track one.

Do the same for track three.

Delete the now empty tracks then export and save via the file menu to the format of your choice.



Two basic tutorials:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1鈥?/a>

https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/displa鈥?/a>How do I keep from layering tracks in Audacity?
I can give you step by step instructions because i dont have the program on my computer at present and so I am unable to open it. However, i can tell you than when you drag the track to audacity or open it, put it in the same bar as the previous track. Do not put it underneath or above the other ones, but beside it. So the three tracks should by lined up side by side in one bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment