Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do I take my files from Audacity and put them on my Palm Treo as a ringtone?

I have a Palm Treo 700wx. I just dowloaded Audacity so that I can choose which clip of a song I want to use as a ringtone. The problem I'm having right now is that I cannot figure out how to export the file onto my phone as a ringtone. I did all the editing of the song, all that is complete. All I need now is how to change it into a ringtone and put it onto my phone. Thanks in advance!How do I take my files from Audacity and put them on my Palm Treo as a ringtone?
your treo can play mp3 files. what you need to do is first export the clip to an mp3. to do that you first need to have the lame 3.96.1 encoder for audacity found here: http://www.webhostxpress.net/~mitiok/lam鈥?/a>



extract that to a folder here you wont forget it. open audacity, open the audio project, click on edit%26gt;preferences%26gt;file formats%26gt;find library%26gt;open the lame_enc.dll file that you just extracted. to the left of the find library button is a drop down menu of the available bit rats for your mp3. the lower the number the worse the quality but the less space it uses. 128 is a good compromise of space and quality where 320 is "cd quality". click ok. click on file%26gt;export as mp3%26gt;pick a name to save it as and there you go.



now, to put it onto your treo, you need to link up to your computer using active sync. once that's completed, open windows media player, open the mp3 file, click on the sync tab and make sure your device is selected. now add the now playing file to the sync column and the click start sync. once finished, you need to move the mp3 from the folder you saved it to, to the my documents folder so you can use it as a ringtone.



if you cant use windows media player to do the sync becaus you dont have a memory card in your phone, i think you can cut and paste into the folder when you open My Device in my computer but i'm not really sure about that.



hope that helps!How do I take my files from Audacity and put them on my Palm Treo as a ringtone?
you cant well hi don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment