Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How do I remove backup vocals and echo using Audacity?

I downloaded Audacity to edit a song for a dance solo. I want the vocals completely removed, but the echo of the lead vocals and the backup vocals still play. How can I remove these? I used the center pan remover to get the original vocals out.How do I remove backup vocals and echo using Audacity?
Unfortunately you can't.

All vocal removers work the same way. They remove content which is in the center of the mix. As lead vocals are generally central they are removed.

A computer "reads" the vocals as data and it is this central data (ie the same on both tracks) which is removed. A computer does not have the ability to distinguish different voices and instruments.



Any effects added to the vocal can be panned off-center during mixdown in the studio as are usually backing vocals. They are not central in the mix and cannot be removed.

The only way to separate or mute the vocals and instruments is with the original multi-track studio recording.How do I remove backup vocals and echo using Audacity?
There is currently no software that can remove vocals from a song. When a song is made, each part is recorded seporatly then blended together, the only way to totaly remove vocals is to not blend in the vocals when the song is created

No comments:

Post a Comment