Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How can I get the microphone to work with audacity?

I am trying to record with this kit called podcastudio and I think I have installed all the drivers on the CD which came with it. But I have plugged everything in, but when I use Audacity the microphone sound won't pick up. I can hear the microphone perfectly through the headphones. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I could fix this?

Would be very grateful!How can I get the microphone to work with audacity?
With Audicity open%26gt; Edit%26gt; Preferences%26gt; Audio I/O%26gt; Recording: here, make sure to have the correct hardware device selected under "Device"

If the mic is properly installed, it should show up, or be listed as sound card; if more than one available device, try individually.

To begin recording session, tick 'Project"%26gt; New audio track%26gt; tick the green arrow to begin recording. Stop (red dot) or pause (blue slashes) as needed.

Don't forget to save the file as well as the recording itself, so you can have the exact same settings so your next recording is identical to the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment