Friday, January 27, 2012

How Can I Get Rid of Static Noises Using Audacity?

I record using GarageBand and transfer the audio file to Audacity. I use a cord to hook my bass up to my Mac for recording. In GarageBand I hear some static but since it can't get out static, I use Audacity.



Please help. Thanks.How Can I Get Rid of Static Noises Using Audacity?
You might reduce it a bit using the noise removal function or the equalizer but the use of either will affect the other content.

You need to find what's causing the "static".

It's most probably an earthing problem so check all the joints and connections from the guitar to the computer.

Try a different cable.

Check the internal connections of the guitar.

Are you recording the signal loud enough?

The aim with recording any input is to record it at as high a level as possible without distortion.

This even includes a sound or sounds which you know will be barely audible in the final mix.

A track can always be brought down in level but if recorded too low and it needs to be boosted any electronic noise will be boosted also.

As an example, Fenders, although one of the most commonly used recording guitars are also notorious for earthing problems. I've had three Jazz Basses and it was the same with all three. Used a cheap and nasty copy for studio work - perfect.

Have you tried recording with Audacity?

If you still have the same problem the odds are it's pre computer.

All you can do and all I can suggest is trial and error to find the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment