Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do you record electric guitar via Audacity?

I heard you need an audio-audio plug? I have an amp chord that i plugged an audio output adapter to so it could plug into the microphone input on the pc, but no sound can be recorded when i try to use audacity?



Do i need an audio-audio plug with an amplifier adapter to record it?



Help? (:How do you record electric guitar via Audacity?
I have a Zoom G2.1u pedal with a USB port that I can connect to my computer. I paid $75 for the Zoom on Ebay and use Audacity and the Cubase software that came with the Zoom pedal to record. Seems to work fine for me. I wasn't exactly sure what you were doing but if you're saying you ran an amp cable directly from your guitar into the microphone input on your computer I'm not too surprised it didn't work. I've been playing guitar for 40 years and am certainly no audio tech, but I think it might work if you a line-out on your amp to run that into the microphone input on the computer. I record all my acoustic stuff through a microphone though and use the Zoom pedal for anything electric. I know those ways both work but am not sure what other options are. There are some folks on here with more audio recording experience, so hopefully they'll reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment