Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I get I get a song from iTunes into Audacity?

I realized that Audacity wouldn't take a .cda file, so I burned it into iTunes. I then transferred the song from there to Audacity by left-clicking it, holding down Ctrl, and then dragging it into Audacity. But now, Audacity just has a high-pitched clipping that is only 0.072 of a second.How do I get I get a song from iTunes into Audacity?
Unfortunately, dear lady, all you've done is copied over the .cda file, which is just an CD Audio Track Shortcut. It's just the information that tells the player ... iTunes in your example ... that there's an audio track on the CD.



What you need to do is 'rip' the audio track from the CD to your hard drive in .mp3, .aif, .au, .ogg or .wav format. (.mp3 is a compressed format, so it takes up less room.)



You can do this by using Windows Media Player or one of a hundred other such programmes. (I've listed a download site for FairStars CD Ripper below. You might like to give that one a try. It's a free programme, so there's nothing to pay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment