Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How do I convert an mp3 file into a file Audacity can use?

I recently downloaded the program Audacity in order to make a ring tone for my phone via VCAST. I attempted to use an mp3 file, but the program won't allow it. How do I convert an mp3 file, such as the sort used with an iPod, to the sort Audacity uses?How do I convert an mp3 file into a file Audacity can use?
I usually just drag the file into the work area (the 2/3 of the window that is blank when you initially start up Audacity). It works for me..
Since you have iPod then most likely you'd have iTunes software installed on your computer.

I'd suggest converting mp3 to 16bit 44.1 khz audio file (cd quality audio) which then could be read into Audacity without a problem.



Here are instruction to covert with iTunes from their site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550



"Saving a copy of a song in a new file format





To convert a song's file format:



1. Open iTunes Preferences.

Windows: Choose Edit %26gt; Preferences.

Mac: Choose iTunes %26gt; Preferences.

2. Click the General button, then click the Importing Settings button in the second section of the window.

3. From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.

4. Select one or more songs in your library, then from the Advanced menu, choose one of the following (The menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences):





* Create WAV version





If you haven't imported some songs into iTunes yet, you can import and convert them at the same time. This will create a converted copy of the file in your iTunes Library based on your iTunes preferences. "



Another program as Media Monkey (free) could also do that format change for you:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/download/



It is also possible that Audacity could support mp3 but you need the lame encoder installed:

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hURG鈥?/a>How do I convert an mp3 file into a file Audacity can use?
I downloaded audacity too and wanted to

Do the same thing so what I did is the song on iTunes I right clicked it and it say create into mp3 version and a new one will appear under it the drag the second one to ur documents ur or one ur computer file and then go to audacity and click open then find the song where u saved it and it should open. I hope I helped =]How do I convert an mp3 file into a file Audacity can use?
You need to convert it into WAV and only then you can import.



Use Nero Audio Encoder to do that job.
free mp3 converter,just google it

No comments:

Post a Comment