Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is it possible to create drum tracks for recordings in Audacity using Ezdrummer?

I wanna record full songs and just mess around with ideas and I need something to make drum tracks. I wanna know if I can make drum parts with ezdrummer and put them into Audacity so that I can record over them.Is it possible to create drum tracks for recordings in Audacity using Ezdrummer?
I can only go by what it says on the site but it appears Ezdrummer creates midi files. They will need to be converted to wav or mp3 to use in Audacity.

You could also try Acid Xpress and create drum tracks with loops.

It's free! Worth a try. Just create the track, render it via the file menu to wav or mp3 then import it into Audacity.

If you don't already know the multi-track function needs to be user set.

Go to File / Preferences / Audio I/O tab and check:

"play other tracks while recording new one".



Acid Xpress:

http://www.acidplanet.com/downloads/xpre鈥?/a>

A pack of free loops can be downloaded from the site.

More free loops (sign up needed) from:

http://www.macloops.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment