Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How do I use Audacity to change the pitch and speed of an audio file?

I just downloaded Audacity and I want to use it to chipmunk my music, how do I do that? Step by step instructions would be appreciated.How do I use Audacity to change the pitch and speed of an audio file?
the first answer is correct, except that would only change the pitch but not the speed. if you select change speed instead of change pitch, it will increase the speed and pitch of the file. if you just want to change the speed but not the pitch, you can use change tempo but for what you described, change speed is what you need to use.How do I use Audacity to change the pitch and speed of an audio file?
I just downloaded Audacity and here's what I did:



1. Upload your music.



2. Click it and highlight the squiggly thing (don't know what it's called, its like that thing that goes up and down on the beat of your heart? Something like that)



3. Go to effects



4. Click on Change Pitch



5. Change it to the pitch you'd like

No comments:

Post a Comment