Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How can I record in Audacity without a computer microphone?

Hey, I have a Windows XP computer, and I have just recentely downloaded audacity, but I don't own a computer microphone. Can someone please help me? And if there is an alternative method, will it work for guitars, drums, basses, and vocals? Thank you.How can I record in Audacity without a computer microphone?
You can't record vocals/drums without a microphone. You can turn a computer speaker or headphones into a microphone.

Just go to google and search for headphone into mic.

Example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXSgJAbQN8

It is going sound terrible and you won't be able to sing very load with out clipping.



Also you can mic up drums and bass or get a direct interface like a POD or something from m-audio, but judging from the fact you don't have a mic that is probably out of the question.How can I record in Audacity without a computer microphone?
You can't get sound into your computer without having a microphone. So if you do not have one at all, as in not even the headphones with the mouth piece, then you will need to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment