Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How can I make the bass come out through the subwoofer using Audacity?

I have the music editing software called Audacity.I'm using it to make my own backing tracks. I have recorded some bass but it only plays through the regular mid-range speakers. How can I get it to play through the sub?How can I make the bass come out through the subwoofer using Audacity?
Short answer - you can't with your current setup.



Better answer - You need a moderately expensive sound card with separate outputs for each speaker and software that will accommodate. Your sound card should have more than one output for your speakers. You can't do this with only one output.



Audacity is an open source, free software, and while useful, it isn't all the powerful when compaired to the payed software (ie Logic, CakeWalk, Cubace, ect). These other software should be able to run a track through only one set of speakers.



Also, you need to run your bass through more than just a subwoofer. The basses tone relies on more than just the super low bassy tones. You need a tweeter of some sort for the higher tones and harmonics to go through.
  • clinique
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment