Friday, February 3, 2012

Why do I have feedback from my mic built in on my laptop when recording in Audacity?

Everytime I record or try to record in Audacity unless I mute my speakers I have huge feedback from the mic on my laptop.

Is there anyway anyone knows how to stop this? I've tried looking at preferences but I'm unable to find anything, please help ASAP!Why do I have feedback from my mic built in on my laptop when recording in Audacity?
Check out (5)..



Very basic Audacity starter guide.



(1) Because of patent restrictions Lame needs to be downloaded and installed separately to save tracks in mp3 format.



(2) Audacity will only accept and play files in wav, mp3, Ogg and aiff format apart from it's own native .aup format.

A short noise for about one second indicates an incorrect file format.



(3) For any effects to be active a part or all of the track needs to be highlighted.

Left click on a blank part of the panel to the left of the waveform or use ctrl+a to highlight the whole track or left click, hold and drag to highlight a selected portion of it.



(4) The recording input is selected from a drop down list at the top right of the program.

For Vista users if "stereo mix" or "what you hear" is not active on the input list:

Vista: Click Start%26gt; Control Panel. Select Manage Audio Devices in the Sound Section.

Click the Recording Tab and if the Stereo Mix Option is missing right-click on an empty part of the window and left-click on Show Disabled Devices. Right-click on the icon and select Enable. This will enable recording of sound coming through your speakers.



(5) Multi-track recording setup:

Version 1.2 via File menu, version 1.3 via Edit menu.

Preferences / Audio I/O tab and check:

"play other tracks while recording new one".

Version 1.3.12 - Edit / Preferences / Recording:

"Playthrough / Overdub / "play other tracks while recording new one".

Import the first track then monitor it while recording subsequent track/s.

It's best to use headphones while doing this to prevent feedback.Why do I have feedback from my mic built in on my laptop when recording in Audacity?
Use headphones.
  • makeup class
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment