Monday, February 6, 2012

Which tool can I use on audacity to muffle a sound effect?

I need to edit a sound to make it sound muffled, as if it's coming from through a wall or some headphones. Is there a tool I can use on audacity for this? I've been playing around with it for a while but nothing has worked.



If audacity can't do it, is there a free sound editing kit I can download to do this for me?



ThanksWhich tool can I use on audacity to muffle a sound effect?
I would download the free trial for WavePad.



http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.ht鈥?/a>



in the special effects menu it has something called "telephone effect" which muffles sounds. You might also be able put a bass boost on to emphasise the bass as if the sound is coming from headphones.



Another thing I think you'll find useful is the equaliser tool. Audacity has this but with Wavepad you can preview it as you edit which is very useful. So you can keep adjusting it as it plays, and then just cancel if you change you mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment