Friday, February 3, 2012

Is Audacity the software I need for this problem?

I'm trying to write a database to keep track of my music collection and make it easier to search (I'm a theatre sound technician and need to keep technical details of the pieces as well as the usual) - if I transfer something to mp3 and import it into Audacity will it be able to give the bpm?



If not, is there a programme that does? (It's either that or I sit there with several thousand tracks and a metronome...)



Thanks!Is Audacity the software I need for this problem?
try PCDJ VJ i use it for discos it gives you time lapse / beat per min / length of track / speed / Hope that helps you
Audacity's primary function is to edit audio tracks. You can open a file in a variety of formats and save to MP3. In this respect, it will allow you to convert media to MP3.

It does not have a native ability to automatically detect BPM.



Tedious it may be, tap counting is probably the most accurate. heres the website I use when I need a BPM:

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htmIs Audacity the software I need for this problem?
I've used PCDJ for this as well, and it does a reasonable job. It's never spot on but 卤1 bpm so pretty accurate.Is Audacity the software I need for this problem?
Try Tag%26amp;Rename. It can create an HTML, CSV,... reports.You can customize them to include bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment