Monday, February 6, 2012

Best way to mix bass and guitar in Audacity?

I am recording a song, and I need to know the best way to mix bass and guitar (mainly rhythmic, very little melody) in Audacity. Stuff like panning and what not. Also please make it understandable, I know close to nothing about this kinda stuff; everything I know I've pretty much learned on my own. Thanks!Best way to mix bass and guitar in Audacity?
Hi. There might just be something on another site that can help you.

Have a look at NCH and see what they've got. So much stuff to look at and a lot of it is free for personal use. One of the biggest music sites I've ever found. No harm in having a look. Eric.Best way to mix bass and guitar in Audacity?
*facepalm*



Audacity IS NOT for recording and mixing music. Where does this idea come from? It's a sound recorder and editor, and is in no way optimized for music production. They don't advertise it as such either. They call it what it is... a sound editor!



Just browse their website and show me where they recommend using it to record, edit, and mix music: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/



It lacks a majority of the features you find in music recording applications, and that's fine, because that's not what it was designed to be.



Get yourself a real DAW. If you need something free, try Ardour.

No comments:

Post a Comment