Monday, February 6, 2012

Ok i'm using Audacity to record over an instrumental but there is a problem?I use my rock band Microphone?

When I import my instrumental which is an mp3 into Audacity and press the record button I don't hear anything at all. Like I only hear my voice meaning its not with the instrumental at all i don't even hear the instrumental when I record.But than when I don't record I can play the instrumental sound with no problem. Its only when I record I don't hear the instrumental with my voice.Ok i'm using Audacity to record over an instrumental but there is a problem?I use my rock band Microphone?
It's a multi-track recording app but the function needs to be user set..



Multi-track recording setup:

Version 1.2 via File menu, version 1.3 via Edit menu.

Preferences / Audio I/O tab and check:

"play other tracks while recording new one".

Import the first track then monitor it while recording subsequent track/s.

It's best to use headphones while doing this to prevent feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment