Monday, February 6, 2012

How do you record JUST your voice and not with the music while singing with it on Audacity with a karaoke mic?

I'm having trouble recording my singing because the microphone always seems to record the music i'm singing with more than my actual voice on Audacity. How do you get the microphone to record just your voice but the playing music at the same time?? Any help?How do you record JUST your voice and not with the music while singing with it on Audacity with a karaoke mic?
Use headphones to listen to the music. Then the microphone wont pick up the music. :)How do you record JUST your voice and not with the music while singing with it on Audacity with a karaoke mic?
It's tough to single out the audio, when recording from a mic. Typically in studio environments, or even in my own room, I try to keep the noise as low as possible - this will let me talk into the mic and get my voice and my voice only.



You can edit the audio after and try to extract your voice, or you can turn the volume low enough to not be picked up by the mic but so you can hear it.



If all else fails, try to get a pair of headphones/earphones and plug them into the speaker - or get a whole headset. You can hear the music well, and you won't get any sound bleeding into the mic.

No comments:

Post a Comment