Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Using Audacity to record line in guitar while playing the song?

Is it possible in Audacity, to play a song, while recording my guitar, which is a direct line in? I'd rather not worry about chopping and putting to files together, and hoping they are in sync. For example, can I play a song, and have it record the guitar part I am playing, while the song is playing in Audacity.





Thanks!|||You most definitely can. Just import the song and then hit record. The song will play and you can play over the song. You can even adjust the settings to have your lead higher in volume than the other song and you can switch the left and right positioning of each track. Audacity is pretty slick and I can't beleive it's free.





Happy playing.








Let me know if you need help with it. I'm just now getting used to it and seeing what it can do.|||From my personal experience with audacity, I would say that yes it's possible. I haven't tried exactly what you said, but something very similar. I'm pretty sure that just by spending time fiddling with it you could get it to work. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment