Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How do you remove noise or hiss from audacity?

I have a creative response that I made, wrote the lyrics myself and played the guitar. However, the instrument can barely be heard because of the computer noise in the background. My computer has been making rough sounds, but I'm trying to get the instruments heard. How do youremove the noise? I've tried in Audacity but all it does is decrease the volume, once you increase it you hear it again.|||You can use Noise Removal in the Effects menu but you need a little section of the audio where there is only noise for a sample. Here is a video I made for someone who needed to remove car noise from a conversation between people in the car. (Excuse the quality. This was my first tutorial - and I made it a 6 am.)



The noise sample you select can be very small. I selected a large area so it could be seen on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ps_aEoMw鈥?/a>



The trick to removing noise without destroying the sounds you want to hear is to be patient and not expect to remove the noise the first time. Take it slowly and use the effect 4 or 5 times tweaking the settings if you have to.|||I have a funny feeling its one of two things. Your audio card, may be lots of noise, or its how you are mixing things.





On thing you can try is recording things at a louder level, and see if maybe you can bury some of that noise under the instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment