Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to use Audacity to make a file longer?

I am using Audacity to take a downloaded WMA file and listen to it to transcribe what is being said. I wanted to take the track and stretch it out, so that way it is slower, and I don't miss any of the words being said. How do I stretch the track and make a one hour long speech go for two hours?|||Audacity does not to my knowledge play wma files..


It's own aup format and wav, mp3, Ogg and aiff being the only formats it supports.


You'll need to convert your wma file to mp3 to be able to use it.


Select the whole track then change speed from the effect menu.


Halving the speed will make the speech unintelligible.


The words themselves are stretched in time and slowed down.


The only way to make a one hour speech last for two hours is to slow it down.


A speed reduction of 10 to 15% should be enough.





Wma to mp3 converter:


http://koyotstar.free.fr/indexEn.html

No comments:

Post a Comment